Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

An Awesome Learning Journey Of An Nlp Practitioner

An Awesome Learning Journey Of An Nlp Practitioner
When I told my mentor that I want to be a trainer one day, he said, "That's great. There is one particular course that you may want to take. A course that has changed the way I train and coach."

This course is none other than NLP. Before I stepped into the class, I have a few goals in mind. They are:

* Apply NLP techniques to understand myself and others better

* Pick up interesting activities that can be used to enhance future training programmes

* Equip myself with skills to train/coach effectively to create a positive change in people's lives.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE NLP PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION COURSE


Time flies when we are enjoying ourselves. Our amazing NLP trainers, Jacky & Vernon, used many stories, videos and real life case studies throughout the NLP Practitioner program to draw out the important learning points. There were lots of role-plays, discussions and presentations that provide us with an opportunity to apply that we have learned in class. Understand that the map is not the territory, I became more observant of others and learn to take the initiative to understand their point of view. It makes me want to learn more, do more and practice the techniques more. In short, the course was interactive, interesting & intriguing.

WHAT ARE MY AWESOME NLP LEARNING TAKEAWAYS?

SETTING THE RIGHT FOCUS


In day one, we were taught the importance of setting intention. From that faithful day, I would set my intention every single morning. Sometimes, my intention is as simple as being present to the moment. Simply setting the focus right, I became more purposeful. I became more effective and efficient at work. It has served me extremely well in many aspects of my life.

MANAGING MY STATE


One of the presuppositions of NLP - "There are no un-resourceful people, only people with inappropriate states". It is important to learn to manage our state because if we don't control our emotions, our emotions will control us. We can easily change our state by changing our actions or thoughts. Whenever I am feeling down, I would refer to my gratitude list or think about things I am greatly for. It changes my state almost instantly. THE KEY IS TO BE PROACTIVE, NOT REACTIVE.

PERCEPTUAL POSITIONING


It is one of the techniques that has helped me overcome a difficult situation that I had with one of my colleagues. After going through this exercise, I was able to view things in the other party's perspective. I gained a deeper understanding of why the person behaves in a certain manner. We cannot change other people, but we can certainly change ourselves.

Once again, I would like to thank our Singapore NLP trainers, Jacky & Vernon for putting together this awesome NLP programme to impart their skills and knowledge. Thanks to my wonderful course mates who were vulnerable and courageous to share their personal stories. All of them have made my learning journey is a fun and insightful one.

Gladys Tye, HR

The post An Awesome Learning Journey Of An NLP Practitioner appeared first on Best Singapore NLP Certification Training Company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment