Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Will Marriage Change Him Advice From Men

Will Marriage Change Him Advice From Men Image
From my experience, it seems like a lot of people go into marriage hoping that marriage will change their mate. You know what I mean? Kind of the idea that:

"ONCE WE SETTLE DOWN AND GET MARRIED, HE'LL CHANGE. THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT."

For sure, marriage does change your life. When two individual lives are joined together as one in the sacred bond of marriage, how could that not change your life? He will change. You will change. Your relationship will change. I have been married for about 3 1/2 years. There are a lot of things that have changed in our relationship.

We're not the 22 year old college kids we were when we were dating. We're both working professionals now. We're more mature and experienced now. We're thinking about having kids and starting a family now. Yeah, of course, a lot has changed and we're different.

But at the same time, I have to admit, that we are mostly still the same people we were 3 1/2 years ago. My personality and hers are still pretty much the same. All my same habits and tendencies when we were dating, are still pretty much the same.

Even a lot of the weaknesses I had as a boyfriend, are largely still there. I wasn't a very good communicator back then. It's still pretty much true. I wasn't very patient back then. I'm still pretty impatient.

Here's the thing. I think sometimes people stay in a relationship with someone who they know is not the kind of person they would want to marry, in the hopes that maybe marriage will change them. But reality, is that the guy who walked up the aisle and said, "I do", is the same guy who walks back down the aisle with you.

"THERE'S NO MAGIC IN THE WEDDING VOW" that magically changes us into the kind of man you're wishing for.

More likely than not," THE KIND OF BOYFRIEND HE IS, IS THE KIND OF HUSBAND HE WILL BE". Don't hold out false-hope that marriage will magically fix things up. Of course as a couple you will work on your relationship and, God-willing, grow together. But we need to be realistic in our expectations and make a sober decision about who to marry.

In my experience, you'll appreciate and love the strengths in your relationship even more in marriage, but be bothered by the weaknesses in your relationship all them more, as well.

Labels: win your boyfriend  lockyer risk marriage  did not long  romance comic four  long book reach  korean mail order  strong strong man  has stand service  

0 comments:

Post a Comment