Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love Lounge Are You Afraid Of Falling In Love

Love Lounge Are You Afraid Of Falling In Love
Here's an interesting question, friends: Are you afraid to fall in love? Does that thought scare you? A fellow blogger interviewed me about my disability this morning for a post she's working on (check out Carly's awesome blog here...), and this question came up. At first, I didn't know how to answer. I sat there and thought for a moment, leaving silence on the other end of the phone. What exactly am I afraid of? I said I was afraid because I won't be able to have kids...would that be a dealbreaker for a guy? I kept thinking about that question long after I'd hung up the phone, though. I wonder if my fears about faling in love were legitimate, or if they were simply related to my disability. I worry I won't measure up to all the other women my boyfriend had dated in the past because let's face it, I won't look like them. I worry that my lack of experience will make said boyfriend question everything.

But would I have those worries if I weren't disabled? Are there just some fears that come with the territory of opening yourself up to another person and allowing yourself to be vulnerable when it comes to love? Maybe we miss out on so many opportunities in love because we're afraid to just jump in and see where the tide takes us. It's not like we can really get that lost, can we? When you think about it, there's really not a map that will lead you swiftly to the altar and into the arms of your soulmate.

So, if we're "all" afraid of falling in love, even if it's only a teeny, tiny fear, what tops your list, friends? How do you deal with your fears? xoxo

[Photos via Le Love]

Reference: art-of-pickup.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment