Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Keyshia Cole Talks Writing Album Changing The Past No Advice From Mary J Blige

Keyshia Cole Talks Writing Album Changing The Past No Advice From Mary J Blige
(Singersroom)

In the first segment of our three part intimate sit down with Grammy nominated songstress Keyshia Cole, she opens up about writing her new album Woman to Woman for her fans, not receiving advice from Mary J. Blige, the current state of R bring my ideas to the table...

On Catering to Fans... I feel like the songs are for the fans anyway, If what makes them happy is to have music that helps them get over relationships of people that are doing no good, then I'm totally for it.

On Remaining Positive... When I write from a standpoint of being hurt, I think in my everyday life...I would say to never do anybody the way you've been done. I never wish hurt and pain on anybody that has caused hurt and pain on myself...Of course sometimes I'm human and I'm emotional and I may be upset at something someone has done to me and I might not speak to them...but I've never done anybody the way that they have done me.

On Changing The Past... If I look back, I would change the last album because I would want my fans to be happy and the last album didn't make them happy. I would totally wanna go back and re-record that album and do something that helps them in their everyday lives.

On Writing From a Different Place... For one, I was pregnant when I wrote some of that album. It was more about myself and how I felt about my husband...I wrote some songs about my family on that album; it was more personal.

On The Current State of R&B... I think that we're doing a good job. Brandy, I love her new song, I love Melanie Fiona's voice, Miguel is doing a great job, Trey Songz is doing great, Chris Brown is more Pop than R we don't have to be friends, but at the end of the day, being able to give advice or help somebody that is coming under you is an amazing gift to be able to have. I wish I would have had that from Mary, but I'm not Mary, I'm a different person and if K. Michelle ever call me or anybody for that matter, for advice, I would absolutely give it to them.

Read more: http://singersroom.com/content/2012-09-13/Keyshia-Cole-Talks-Writing-Album-Changing-The-Past-No-Advice-From-Mary-J-Blige-More/#ixzz26TsvaVPh

Powered by Spate Media, Spate Radio, Spate TV, Spate Post, Music Marketing, Spate Digital, Hi Def Is Austin, Spate Financial Group, MaddMann Music

Spate the Hottest Hip Hop Magazine News Blog for music, mp3 downloads, mixtapes, news, music video models, sports, editorials

0 comments:

Post a Comment