Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On Being A Grand Father

On Being A Grand Father
15 June 2008.It's father's day.A day after my second son's 24th birthday and 5 days after our 29th Wedding Anniversary.I am a Grand Father today - not because my eldest son Azan and his lovely wife Nida,who both reside in the USA, are blessed with the first child;but because I feel very good today as a father for having five grown up childen,an adopted child and a grand niece PLUS a lovely wife who is always there to encourage me and pursue my dream.As I look back in life over almost 55 years ago,I begin to see one common thing that is necessary for us to excercise all the time.Whether as a husband,father,business owner or a boss- Personal Leadership.Personal Leadership means how we we take control of our life and influence its direction to be where we want to be.We need 100% ownership to lead and craft the life we want.Whether it concerns our career decisions;education of our children;image;health,wealth management and most important of all our spiritual well being.We need to own it.We don't wait for others to lead us.Peter Drucker,the father of 21st Century Management once wrote:"Leadership is personal-You don't have to get it to give it."You don't have to wait for your doctor to tell you to reduce your weight and cholesterol level;you don't have to be advised that it is good to save 25% of your earnings and invest some in good stocks or bonds;you don't have to be constantly reminded to communicate with ALLAH through proper and consistent prayers - You just have to take the ownership and "Just Do It."I hope this blogspot will be a source of inspiration to everyone who reads it.It is meant to "Awaken The Giant" in you as Anthony Robbins puts it.It is your leadership companion.So am I !That is why I have called it Inspired Leadership.It represents the ending of all the "talk and talk" I have made over all these years and not taking any action to "Just Do It" - not until my youngest daughter Aisha who "pushed" me and said -"Why don't you just write what you 'talk and talk' in a BLOG.There you are "Even Eagles Need A Push" says David McNally a well known motivational speaker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment